I've been working on a restoration this week.
This painting came back to me with some scratches on the surface. Apparently it got damaged en route to the frame shop. This painting was done in 2000, so I had to guess which painting medium I was using then (to match the finish) as well as mix up the colors to match.
And a closeup of the offending gouge:
It's all patched up now, and is sporting a lovely new allover varnish to give it some extra durability.
It was nice to see this painting again, and to see it framed up so nicely. This painting was based on a field I found near where we used to live in Charlottesville.