New Year, New Work

January is often a time for new goals and looking ahead.  I am not an exception to this.  I do, however, tend to keep my goals and plans for paintings on the quiet side.  For me, talking about my intentions and inspiration for upcoming paintings has the effect of deflating the energy and momentum behind it.  I'd rather keep my ideas brewing, just between me and my sketchbook.  I want the work to be as exciting and fresh for you as it was for me in dreaming it up. 

That said, I'm excited about the new year in art-making.  I've been busy in the studio and have prepped, primed and sanded at least 40+ canvases and panels.  Time to get to work!




And currently in the studio... one of a few works in progress.... 

Stay tuned!  

Comments

donnabenson said…
giselle-
still interested in the one on the easel (think I mentioned that "last year"!)
I have not forgotten Donna! I'll be sure to share the finished painting with you. I'm glad you like the beginning of this one. It's got a similar feel to the one that you own.
These new paintings measure 36x36". :-)
Seems like your so excited and very motivated in creating your masterpieces this year. Good luck to your endeavor!

Popular Posts