Three Trees

Three Trees
Oil on canvas
4"x4"

Sold

Comments

Cameron said…
Fantastic piece! I have just started experimenting with oil paints lately and have had some trouble cleaning my brushes. Is there a technique you would recommend? Also, how long should I wait for a layer to dry before applying the next? Mine always seem to mix with the last color on there, but I get so impatient!
Hi Cameron
First of all, thanks for the comment about this piece.
As for the technical stuff, let's see if I can answer some of your questions...
Cleaning brushes. First, wipe as much paint off as you can on a rag (old t-shirts are great) or paper towels. I use a bar of Ivory Soap for washing my brushes.
As to the painting.. try using a medium to mix in to your oil paints. I often use something called Liquin. It speeds the drying time. Play around with different mediums. You can try googling Oil Painting Mediums & see what you come up with. Mostly, experiment, have fun, take a class somewhere or do some research online.

Popular Posts