Maison du Lac

Red Bench in the Garden-Maison du Lac
20x20", oil on canvas
©2010 Giselle Gautreau

This painting is my donation to my local school's fundraiser. They host an incredible event here in the Santa Cruz Mountains every October, raising money for our small public mountain school. Not only is the event a LOT of fun, it also brings in much-needed funding for our school. The evening brings us wine tasting, live music, a silent auction, dancing, and a very lively live auction. Can't wait!
http://www.lpef.org/LPEF/LPEF.html

About the painting:
The Gala is held at an incredibly beautiful venue, a private estate called Maison du Lac. Earlier this summer, with camera in hand, I explored the grounds and gardens. I took this photo of a red bench overlooking the little pond. The funny thing is that I took the photo with my iPhone, using a little application that emulates a vintage cameras, where you get to select the lens/film/flash options. The resulting image for me was compelling, and was the source for this painting. Old meets new: oil painting meets iPhone technology.
So, come to the Gala if you can. Look for this painting at the Silent Auction.


Comments

Popular Posts