Spring Fog, Monterey

Spring Fog, Monterey
Oil on Canvas, 20" x 20"
2008

Comments

Shani said…
That's lovely! Is it for sale? And if so, at what price?

This is Doug's friend Shani from college, incidentally. I so enjoy seeing the posts of your work.
hi Shani! It is for sale. I'm going to contact you via FB to send pricing.

Thanks for the comment! So glad you like this painting!
Boomer said…
Just passing through: I do think this is a fine piece, but I have to say I also admire your _really tiny paintings,_ 3x3, 6x6.

My wife illustrates ATCs in colored pencil, and I know how much work it can be to get something right in such a small space. In oils, no less. Oh yes, she knits, too. Something about knitters and love of detail work, perhaps.
Hi Boomer. Thanks for the comments. That's great that your wife is a knitter. I always feel at ease around knitters. I can't confirm the correlation between knitting and detailed artwork however.
You're in Santa Cruz then? Any fabulous places I should check out for good painting material? I'm still getting to know this area. Loving it.
Boomer... what's an ATC?
Boomer said…
Giselle:

ATCs are artist trading cards. It's a kind of swapping affair, just like baseball cards. You join a swap for a certain subject (on the Internet, these days), and do several 2.5 by 3.5 (I think) pieces; then mail them off to the group mod. Then you get several random back in return.

People also make them to sell, but mostly it's a swap thing.

Sometimes the medium is specified, but I think most of the time it can be anything.

As for good spots; come up to the university on a weekend when they don't charge for parking. Some great views and panoramas from the eastern drive and from Hagar. Also, try West Cliff Drive and Natural Bridges Park for sea vistas, big sea rock formations and plenty of places to stop and paint.

If you really are into rock formations, I might also suggest driving or biking out to Wilder Ranch State Park and taking the coastal trail (about 1 mile); beautiful long vistas of rugged sea cliffs and rocks.
Boomer said…
Uh, I mean "art trading card," in case you try to google it.
Boomer, thank you for all the location suggestions! I am taking notes. I'm curious about the Art Trading Cards now. I love that. I've done lots of trades with friends, so I enjoy things that continue in that spirit. I'll definitely Google it.
Thanks so much! I also found your blog & am looking forward to checking that out.

Popular Posts