Up Through the Vineyard



Up Through the Vineyard

Oil on canvas
36x36"
2014

My painting, Up Through the Vineyard, will be auctioned at an upcoming Gala fundraising event that benefits our local public schools.   This event is important to me, my family and our community.  This will be my 6th Gala event, and the 6th painting that I've donated.  Each year I try to come up with an image that feels connected to this place where we live. 
You can find out more about the fundraising event and auction here


About the painting:  Among the many benefits of living in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California, this area is also known for it's wonderful wineries.  I've always wanted to create a painting inspired by one of our local wineries, and the Gala was my perfect excuse.  I chose Loma Prieta Winery specifically because of their special connection to our local school and community.  It doesn't hurt that they are North America's largest producers of Pinotage ... a particularly delicious wine.

  The Gala is set for October 4th.




Comments

Popular Posts