Art events: May & June

Moss Landing, 36x48", oil on canvas

My painting, Moss Landing, is part of a special exhibit that opens today at the Santa Cruz Art League. The show is titled Earth Portraits: Contemporary Landscape Painters of California. This is SCAL's 81st annual Statewide Exhibit featuring landscape painting. You can read more about the history of this special exhibit here. The show promises to be a good one. According to SCAL's website, you can expect to see "the best of the best in living California landscape painters. You can expect to see inventive, colorful, daring, sublime and refined artwork presenting the beauty of the State of California."

Beach Glass, 20x20", Oil on canvas

It's the final weekend for my solo exhibit at Regale Winery, here in the Santa Cruz Mountains. It's a such a beautiful venue with really wonderful wine. If you're looking for something fun to do this holiday weekend, be sure to stop by Regale's tasting room on Saturday or Sunday.


Approach, 6x6", Oil on panel

This little painting is on view at Many Hands Gallery, in Capitola, CA. I'm one of the featured artists for the months of May & June, 2011, with the themed show of Birds & Bees. There is lots of other wonderful work there as well in a variety of media. Definitely worth the trip!


Comments

Taska said…
The move to encaustic seems very natural for your painting. I am excited to get out my torch over the holiday weekend.
Love those! The beach glass is amazing. How big can you paint, I have a client who needs a 60 x 60...
Taska- So great to meet you at the Encaustic workshop. Have fun playing with wax this weekend! Let me guess... Alizarin Orange? ;-)
Scarlett- I've been looking for an excuse to paint BIG. Let's talk!
Folklings said…
I first fell in love with your bees, and now I am enraptured by your landscapes - especially Beach Glass, Cove, and Gloaming. I want to crawl inside your canvasses and live there for a spell.
Hi Folklings! Thank you! Funny thing is that my bee paintings continue to stay small in scale and I've been working larger in my landscapes. I want a landscape that really knocks you out when you walk into a room.

Popular Posts